Sunday, March 6, 2011

About Me

Hi, my name is Emily.  I'm 29, recently got engaged and my fiance, Jeremy, and I are both personal trainers in Chicago.  So as you can imagine we both lead pretty active lifestyles.  However, last summer I started getting bored with my workouts.  (Yes, even personal trainers get in workout ruts.)  So this is how I got myself in this situation of training for a triathlon. 

Living in Chicago is wonderful and during the summer my favorite place to be is at the lakefront.  I spend my afternoons biking or running along the lake.  Last summer I saw people swimming in lake Michigan...it must have been a really hot day because I was a little envious of everyone in the water while I was sweating my ass off riding my bike home.  I thought it might be kinda fun to jump in and swim and then ride home, of coarse I didn't.  Doing a triathlon had crossed my mind a few times throughout the years but having to swim scared the shit outta me.  I can barely doggie paddle let alone swim a MILE!!  So, I went home and didn't mention this crazy idea to anyone.  I ignored it and thought it would go away like most of my crazy ideas usually do.  But, it kept coming back...every time I rode by the lake I had this overwhelming desire to do a triathlon.  Finally after weeks of trying to convince myself this was crazy I casually mentioned something to Jeremy about maybe, sometime, possibly doing a tri.  He thought it was a great idea!  I would be great!  I should do it right away!  That's all I needed.  The next day I told everyone I saw I was going to be the next triathlete champion.  I wasn't just going to maybe do one...I was going to win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment