Monday, August 22, 2011

South Shore Tri

The 3rd triathlon I finished this summer was also a sprint and was on the south side of Chicago.  My goal was to finish the race in 1 hour and 23 minutes, 10 minutes better then my last race.

The swim was taking place in Lake Michigan and that made me a little nervous but when we got out there I realized the water was so shallow you couldn't even swim in places because your hand hit the ground.  Come to find out it is much more tiring trying to run through water then it is to just swim.  Regardless I still shaved a minute off of my swim time. 

I was really impressed with my transition time.  I had started riding my bike with no socks.  This saved at least 45 seconds not trying to dry off my feet and put socks on.  I also had all my gear laid out properly at this race.  My first transition I completed in 2 minutes and 15 seconds.  I was off on the bike where I dominated.  Only one girl passed me...(and she might have been a man at one point).  I was flying, averaging just under 23mph.  I finished my ride in 35 minutes. 

I saved time on my second transition by having cool elastic shoelaces.  I no longer need to waste the 30-45 seconds it takes to tie my shoes :)  The run was shady and fast.  I finished my 3.1 miles in 26 minutes.  I placed 8th in my age group and had a total time of 1 hour 18 minutes and 49 seconds.  That was 15 minutes better then before!!  I'm loving this.

No comments:

Post a Comment