Monday, May 2, 2011

Morton

I love Mondays!  I usually get my best workouts on Mondays.  Generally I rest Saturday and Sunday so I'm ready to go on Monday!  Today was no exception.  I felt great.  This morning I did a 10 minute fast run, I went about 1.35 miles (can't remember exactly) then I lifted.  I focused on legs and shoulders today.  But I know I was pushing myself...I started getting sore while I was lifting...that's always fun :)  On my way home from work I stopped by Uptown bikes (I love them, so friendly and helpful)  I discovered that you need a special adapter for an air compressor to fill up road bike tires.  At least I think that's what I got,  I'm learning as I go.  Anyway, it worked.  I filled my tires up on my awesome bike and then I went for a ride.  I did 15 miles in about 55 minutes...I know, I need to improve that time.  Then I ran another 2.5 miles. 

However, the problem is I have a Morton's neuroma...which in English mean I have an enlarged nerve in my foot and it hurts like hell.  I have noticed that it is especially painful when I get off my bike and try to run.  I don't exactly know how to describe how painful it is.  I guess I would say it kinda feels like a scorching hot needle is going through my 2nd and 3rd toe every time I put my weight on it.

About 8 months ago I went to see a podiatrist about this pesky problem.  She made me costume orthopaedics which work wonderfully on a day to day basis but this biking/running thing is gonna kill me.  My next option would be to get this nerve surgically removed which is kinda hard to do for a girl who is currently uninsured (thank you America for not providing health care)  I managed to run through the pain and it eventually got a git more bearable after the first mile.  All in all I was pretty happy with my workout and am excited to see how I feel tomorrow.

Thank you for finally being warm enough to play outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment